10.25.2013

roller coaster

There's a lot going on right now and I have little energy to make a devoted post for each thing, even though they all deserve it. It's been an emotional roller coaster this past week, with crazy high ups and crazy low lows. For now... a list.

HIGH
John and I got engaged!!! I owe a better story and a photo of my amazing ring (that he picked out!) at another time... needless to say, I'm super happy, excited, and cannot wait to be his wife. As excited as I am to plan a great celebration that we can share with our family and friends, I am even more excited for the adventures we'll have after we've said "I do." Cheesy, but oh-so-true.

HIGH (I think?)
My birthday was on Tuesday... the big(ish) 2-9. 29 just seems so much older than 28. It's weird. John got me a Kreg-Jig that I can't wait to use and I had a yummy dinner with my folks, sister, and nephew.

LOW
My uncle, my mom's brother, passed away unexpectedly Wednesday morning. It's been a shock to us all. We're all in "business mode" for planning his services, sharing the sad news, figuring out his estate stuff, etc.

HIGH
Because I don't like to end on a low and I'm doing my best to see the light in everything, taking it where I can get it... I got my Comcast bill down! I'm not sure what the exact bill will come to (have to wait and see) but I managed to get at least $25 off after a few phone calls. Win!

2 comments :

Be Sincere